Saturday, February 5, 2011

Whither the New York Times

-- January 23, 2011

I remembered that the New York Times was planning to impose a paywall early this year. I thought it was supposed to be January. I looked around to see.

The news about this had been scarce. I eventually found a Bloomberg News tidbit in mid-January  about the price suggesting around $20 a  month by the end of March. (Precisely, they said it would be less than the Kindle price of $19.99.)

I decided to make an effort to look at the paper (on line of course)  every day, and to record my impressions.  If I'm going to put my money down, I'd like to do it immediately. If not, I'll walk away that day.

I also decided to offer them this diary as a blog here. I'll post the ones I've written so far in order, and continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment